Having your customers check-in at your business can really increase your visibility on the social networking giant that is Facebook. If your clients let their friends and families know that they are at your salon, it’s reasonable (and proven) to think that this could draw in new business for you!
Check-ins have gained popularity with the advent of other mobile apps like Foursquare, Yelp and additional features on Twitter and Instagram, too. Using the check-in function on Facebook is very easy and is now second social-nature, so your clients will likely jump onboard if you give them a little nudge and reminder to checkin.
Here are a few ways to encourage people to check in at your business:
- Offer an incentive – offer customers a discount or special extra in exchange for checking in at your salon. It can be something small — customers love free stuff no matter the size.
- Make a banner – don’t underestimate the power of old-fashioned print marketing. Making a tasteful banner or sign that you can display in your salon (that matches your décor) can encourage people to check in at your business.
- Check yourself in – encourage others to check in by being the first to do it! People will often play a game of “follow the leader,” so if you check in first, others may follow suit.
- Use your status – remind people via your own Facebook page to check in at your salon when they come to see you.
- Frequent check-ins – offer a different kind of special to people who check into your salon more often. For example, someone who comes once a week to get a pedicure could check in 3 times in a row to earn a free foot massage.
Encouraging any kind of interaction with your business via Facebook is a good thing. Because Facebook is such a force in the business world as of late, it’s critical to make sure that you play your part. By increasing your presence on the network and encouraging others to do the same, your salon will reap the benefits with increased bookings and business.