It’s true: your fan count isn’t everything when it comes to a successful Facebook business page, but having a lot of fans certainly doesn’t hurt. One of the best ways to quickly boost your fan count is to invite your own friends to the page. Since these are your own friends who probably visit and enjoy your business anyway (that’s what friends are for, right?), they’re more likely to interact with your page through comments and sharing, which will increase your page’s engagement rate. And with a better engagement rate comes the likelihood that other people will like and interact with your page. One big happy Facebook business boosting circle.
Personally inviting each and every one of your friends would be a time-consuming process, especially for a super social professional like you. So why not let Facebook do it for you? From your business page, you can easily invite all of your personal Facebook friends and even search your email address book for anyone you might have missed. Here’s how:
Invite Facebook Friends
- Log in to your business’s Facebook page and navigate to the Admin Panel at the top of the screen.
- Select “Build an Audience” and then “Invite Friends.”
- From the pop upbox, you can select all of your friends, select them one-by-one, or segment them by network.
- Once you’ve selected everyone you wish to invite, hit “Select.” Facebook will send them an automatic notice about your page.
Invite Email Contacts
- While still on your business page, click the ‘Build Audience’ option again and select ‘Invite Email Contacts.’
- From the pop-up you can select from several well-known business email services, or you can import your own list.
- If using a listed email service, select ‘Invite Contacts’ and a how-to list will open up telling you how to export your contact list and then import it into Facebook.
- Browse for the email list you saved and then select ‘Upload Contacts’
- You will then see a list of all the contacts you’ve imported and will have the opportunity to unselect contacts you don’t want to send the invite to.
- Facebook will automatically recognize if your contacts are already on Facebook or not. If they are on Facebook, they will get a notification to like your page through Facebook notifications.
- If the contact is NOT on Facebook, they will get an email notifying them that you recommend they join Facebook and that they should ‘like’ you once they’ve joined.
Author Bio: Valorie Reavis
Social Marketer, foodie, closet geekA marketing professional who has focused primarily on the hair and beauty business for of the past decade, Valorie now runs linkup marketing, a digital marketing agency for the hair and beauty professional. Valorie works to engage clients in the marketing process and help them successfully engage with their clients and community. Energetic and passionate about the industry, Valorie focuses on blending traditional and digital media in order to bring salons closer to their clients.