Building a beautiful website without promoting it is like hosting a party and ordering the caterers, the DJ and mood lighting, but forgetting to send out the invitations. Your party without any guests won’t attract any attention in the right social circles, or get any Facebook mentions from attendees – just like your website.
While, there is an infinite number of ways to promote your website with the multitude of social networks, online directories and the like, there are also some simple and yet highly effective ways to start generating traffic. Best of all, you can get started today!
- Make sure that your salon website address is printed on everything promoting your salon. It can be your products, bags, business cards, promotional leaflets, etc.
- While you mention your contact number on your door, also mention the web address right below the contact number.
- Create a reason, or incentive to go online in the first place. Examples include online appointment booking, online gift certificates or specials only mentioned online. You can advertise these packages in the salon, through tent cards displayed at the front desk for example. Make sure that the tent card reads something like ‘Specials available only on www.yoursalon.com’.
- Ensure that your voicemail greeting talks about your website and about any special promotions you are running.
- Your staff is trained to talk about services and retail, but they should also be talking about your online facilities as well. It gets easier to do this when you have specials only available on your website.
If you are planning to opt for special promotions, consider creating a landing page for each of these offers. A landing page is a single web page that appears on clicking on a particular advertisement. This landing page can lead to increased number of visitors being converted into clients by signing up for the special offer instantly.
These tips for building more traffic to your site are the foundation of a good website promotion strategy and should always be practiced no matter how sophisticated you get with your online promotions. Putting a few of these tips into action today will start getting more people to your party and before you know it, you’ll be the talk of the town.