Have you changed the name of your business and are wondering how to update your established Facebook page? It’s actually more simple than you think. If you have under 200 fans, then it’s as simple as logging in as the administrator and selecting Edit Page and Update Page Info. You’ll see the option to update your page name at the top of the page.
If you have more than 200 fans, you have a few more steps involved.
- When you click ‘Edit’ under Page name, it will give you the option to ‘Request Change.’
- This will open a new page on your web browser and the first step will be to acknowledge you understand the name formatting guidelines.
- Once you select that you acknowledge these guidelines, you’ll need to select what type of page you have.
- Facebook then requires you to acknowledge another disclaimer that states you understand you can only change your name once.
- Finally, fill out the form with your name change and submit.
- Facebook still needs some proof to confirm you are who you claim to be. Usually, Facebook requires something along the lines of a utility bill that clearly displays your business name and address. So have that handy.
Once you’ve completed these steps, you just need to step back and wait for approval.
Keep in mind that at the present time (November 2013), Facebook doesn’t change your Business Page URL when it changes your page name. For instance, if your salon was called ABC Salon and you change it to XYZ Salon, your address on Facebook would remain facebook.com/ABCSalon even after your name has been updated. We’re hoping Facebook will change this in the near future to streamline the entire name change process.